Google
 

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Res is Back: Hell Yea!



Someone(I think my dude from BK) put me onto Res probably circa 01-02. I was so unenlightened back then it was crazy; not that I'm much better now but I do have a helluva lot more music. As I digress... When I listened to her debut How I Do I was blown to pieces by the fusion of Neo-Soul, Funk, Rock and general freshness. It was lightyears ahead of the rest of music out; no kidding.

The mainstream didn't feel the same though. She never really blew up--according to record sales--which happens with alot of artists who're doing something that is far beyond their time aka creative/new and oh yea, actually possess that thing called talent. So, she was kind of sent into exile by the majors. Thanks major record labels for appreciating real talent. We know how well you guys do that. They really messed up the game for real artists who are passionate about making quality music. Subsequently, she went on like a half-a-decade hiatus descending back to the underground. Every now and then she'd do a concert but it looks like she's back--much to my boyish glee. Enough of the rah rah rah, here's the myspace so yall can hear the music. I'll post some of the old material later.

PS If you're described now (2007) as Res was described then, you may be a child of her style. Sorry, nothing's original.

The Visuals



The Textual
Wiki on Res

Old Tracks I Said I'd Post:
DivShare File - 04_Ice_King.wma

DivShare File - 08_The_Hustler.wma

DivShare File - 06_How_I_Do.wma

J. Burnett

No comments: