Google
 

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Open Your Ears Bloke: Dizzee Rascal



I wrote some BS, trite copy yesterday that I had to get rid of. What the hell was I thinking. I apologize to those of you who read that "rose from the concrete" line (shudders). I had a writer's block thing going but I just wanted to get the music to yall. Anywho, Dizzee Rascal is an exceptional artist out of the UK. His steez is gangsta rap, but his sound is a collage of funk, garage, punk, reggae and Hip Hop. Despite his g-rap subject content, he often is able to incorporate some social commentary in as well. Throw in that UK accent and you got a winner. I first heard his material awhile back, a few months after his breakout album Boys In Da Corner dropped. Check him out. Audio/visual aid below.

For more info check out: wiki on Dizzee Rascal

You may need this too: UK urban slang dictionary

Dizzee Rascal-Pussyole(Ol Skool)


Additional Put You Onage





J. Burnett

No comments: